Saturday, May 31, 2008

Wow!, just found this...a little bit naiive you might say

July 14, 2004

My name is Jamie Mah, and I am an up and coming Acting Talent in search of the best Agent in Toronto. I found your email address on the Actra Website and even though it says "by referral only" I figured that at this point I have nothing to loose in trying to interest you. You my dear can obviously ignore this email or by chance take a look at my headshot and resume and decide for yourself that I am nothing short of a sure bet.

I have been studying the craft and art of the performing arts now for only 8 months, which unfortunately deems me highly new and inexperienced to most agents. But what I do have going for me and hopefully for you is a great smile and a hard and determined work ethic. Currently I am being represented by an agency called "Stylus Model Management"; they have been amazing for me so far and have been nothing short of professional. But however, for me, my goals are larger than theirs. I want to pursue great film, learn from the best and work my way up to the top. And in order to do this I need the best, this is where you come in. I need and agent who has contacts all over Canada, the US and the World, someone who can send my face to those people I want to work for. In return this is good for you "more money" and for me, to become a better actor.

If you have read this, I thank you for you time and patience. All I'm looking for is the best, I guess my question is "Will you help me?" Obviously just for you I have attached my Resume and Headshot, hopefully you will like what you see and I will be hearing from you shortly. If not, yet again I thank you for your time and best of luck in the future.

Sincerely,

Jamie Mah
416 480 1574

** Just incase you were curious this letter was rejected, (very nicely I might add), and I wound up sticking with Stylus for the next few months only to leave them entirely in the fall. I would eventually find an agent and truck my way through all the menutia and crap auditions that lay in the TDot.

No comments: