Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Ides of May and many more....

The middle of May is finally upon us and not a moment too late, it sure is good to have a warm breeze flowing in the air, two minorities fighting for the Democratic Nomination, aid finally arriving to those unfortunate souls in Burma, the possibility of a Celtics/Lakers Finals and so much more.

My thoughts on the playoffs so far are:

1. To be perfectly honest, I haven't much to say, this years regular season was truly one to remember, however, other than a few moments, the playoffs have been quite predictable, un-inspiring and well just regular games. I understand that last years frenetics with the Mavericks collapse, Derek Fisher's heroics and LeBron's great run we had much to be eeked about, but seriously can you give me more than one standout performance in this years playoffs. All I can think of is the Spurs/Suns game one thriller in which Duncan showed us the world why he's the best power forward of all time. That's about it. I mean there's been some hoopla, but nothing to go ga ga about. The Hornets run so far hasn't been anything I didn't expect, anybody who thought they were a one and done team weren't truly watching all season long, this team is for real, so no real surprise there. Same goes for my Lakers, from their sweep of the Nuggets, to the somewhat battle with the Jazz hasn't gotten me drooling. The Celtics have been up and down, the Pistons have been boring as usual, LeBron has been average (for him at least), and so on and so on. What I'm getting at is I miss the drama, I feel that it's missing, the on your seat I can't watch drama. The games have been good, the matchups even better, but that's it, I'm missing something. Other than my fanatical love for Kobe and the Lakers, I'm having trouble even watching any other series. To be honest as I'm writing this the Spurs/Hornets game 6 has been blaring away in front of me with me caring very little. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe all has been splendid. Maybe I just need a good dose of Red Bull, a hot pizza and a few friends to get me amped up, or maybe....I'll leave it at that.

2. Hilary you bitch, you've cost me 40 push ups. I hate you!!!!

3. I want to start writing about wine. I love the stuff and well I want to add my 2 cents. I've decided to start a side blog/report here on don't get goofy about one bottle a week. Drink, learn, report, what's better than that. I hope to entertain.

more later....

No comments: