Sunday, May 4, 2008

Uhhh...Finally!!!!

I've been waiting for this day to come for sometime now, and well now that it's here I sure can say without a doubt it has been fucking worth the wait. Ladies and gentlemen your 2008 MVP is: Kobe Bryant. As the title of this entry states, my feelings on this subject are of some of my most irritated ever. Those two words above, the Uhhhhhhh and then Finally don't truly capture how much it has pained me to see the German and the Canuck steal the top of the mountain award the past few seasons. No disrespect to either one of them, they both have mad game, but giving Nash and Nowitzki the MVP's because their teams were great is quite moronic and insulting. Anyways, I've already written a post on that subject, so I'll try not to repeat myself.

What I will get to however, is that after watching the Lakers clearly dismantle the Nuggets in 4 and Utah today I am finally starting to see a championship caliber team come together. Kobe has truly found himself with this team, you can see his confidence in the guys throughout the entire team. His leadership is quite astounding, very much Jordanesque. The guys believe in him, like him and want to follow him, all qualities that every championship team needs to battle their way through 4 gruelling series. They may not win the title this season (getting by the Spurs and Celtics will be tall orders) but I guarantee the 2009 title will be theirs. A team with these players, coupled with the returns of Ariza, Mihm and Bynum will undoubtedly give Kobe and his Lakers a solid team 10+ deep and close nit. Winning championships takes years of commitment, luck and solid team chemistry, all of which I have seen so far from this LA team.

I just can't wait to see Kobe standing at mid court before tip off on Wednesday as David Stern hands him his trophy. To finally have justification and backing to so many haters who want to bring him down, many of whom have biasis of Kobe from many year ago, and of which may have only watched him play once or twice this season. Stats don't tell the story, impact does.

Congrats Kobe.

No comments: