Friday, October 29, 2010

thoughts and not much else

so i'm back...took me awhile but I finally have my computer. Don't ask why it took me so long, let's just say I'm a bad saver and leave it at that. Anyways, now that I'm fully loaded and ready to type I thought I would spew out some thoughts that have been resting ever so patiently in me noggin. As I've stated here before on said blog, I try my damndest to not write drivel, such prose that one could find or read anywhere. With that I implore you to enjoy.

- To cocktail or not to cocktail? hmm?
Unless you've been living under a rock for the past year or so, you'll have no doubt noticed the re-immergence of the cocktail as the drink of choice for many dinners. For most until recently going out meant having a glass of wine or a nice cold beer, but of late that trend of simplicity has shifted towards the mixology fare. No longer do business men crave that nice pint of lager but instead they'd prefer a strong old fashioned. I could go on and on with references but hey you get my point, well at least I hope you do. Anyway, interesting as this looks, I'm not going to try to decipher why this change has taken place as there are myriad reasons one could point towards, such as better bartending, prominent advertising, word or mouth or merely the idea that most are tired of the usual. Regardless, I just thought I'd point out this trend as I find it rather fascinating.

- Cheaper is better (at least I think so)
I like wine, just in case you didn't know already. With that let me tell you a little story. One day this summer I'm out with my brother in law about to buy some booze for the nights shenanigans. We're in the liquor store and I'm standing there with him looking ever so puzzled, as is the usual I'm indecisive as to what bottle of vino I should buy. I'd tried my fare share cheap shit lately so I was hoping to pick something new, exciting, maybe expensive as I'd wanted to expand my palate. So I buy a bottle and low and behold it sucks. It's over powering, tart and just blah. Fuck! I calm down and just chalk it up to buyers luck, the "you win some you lose some bs". Then a few weeks pass by and there I am again, in the same predicament trying to be clever once more, hoping this time to find a gem. I buy a bottle and once again I'm had, this one tasting ever worse then the previous. Am I mad? A little, more annoyed mostly. Fuck! So then you're now thinking, well what's up bud, that happens. Ahh but you see here lies the kicker (I had a point when I started this, hold tight), my friend goes out and buys a bottle for thanksgiving recently, it's cheap shit and f'ing great. Grrr!!! So I'm like what? Not fair. Here's my lesson for you all. Be cheap!

- What I've learnt so far
the lakers will win the title, lebron is the man in Miami and not dwade, durant's awesome but the thunder go as westbrook goes, amare will make a splash in nyc and that's it, the raptors suck and they won't win the no 1 pick, griffin's going to win the roy and do it quite convincingly, the celtics will start strong and finish long, I feel sorry for Yao and as for everyone else well you don't matter. my pics

title = lakers over boston in 6
mvp = durant, kobe 2nd, lbj 3rd
roy = b griffin
coach = sloan
exec = riley
defense = howard
improved = felton
6th = odom
all 1st = wade, kobe, durant, lbj, howard
all 2nd = dwill, paul, melo, gasol, amare,
all 3rd = nash, rose, pierce, bosh, duncan
all defence = kobe, rondo, artest, sefolosha, howard

more later...

No comments: