Thursday, April 16, 2009

A few thoughts on my mind today...

Was at blockbuster last night with my girl about to rent a flick when "Gonzo, the Life and Times of Hunter S. Thompson" caught my eye as we entered. I was immediately pulled towards the documentary as its protagonist has had an impact of sorts in my life (obviously indirectly). Interestingly more so is how as I'm currently watching said DVD I've found myself quickly brought to thinking of how fucked up and amazing a time the 1960's were. Lately I've become transfixed upon the the Kennedy's of John and Bobby, their lives and how they affected the world and our culture. As well, I've been reading into the life of Aristotle Onassis the greek billionaire shipping mogul who would go on to marry Jackie soon after Bobby's death. The era, the impressions, the people and the chaos of that time has somehow gotten to me lately. As I read more and learn more of what truly came about then I've come to believe that the 1960's have to be considered the best and most influential decade of the 20th century by far. I'll have more on this later, I've got some reading to do.

***
Oh how the kings can fall. Today we learned that Kevin Garnett's status was far more bleak than had been previously reported. His not playing in the playoffs changes the landscape far more than most can believe. Boston will compete and do well without him, but beating Cleveland is something far more difficult with him versus without him. Pencil in Lakers vs Cavs now, because with Beantown down a leg, there just is no one team who can dethrone these two juggernauts from their innevitable collision course of epic proportions.

more later

No comments: