Sunday, April 26, 2009

Black Mamba in full form tonight and much much more...

Up 3 -1 now in their series with the Utah Jazz, the Los Angeles Lakers have now put themselves comfortably in the driver seat as they look to close out this series on Monday night in LA. Kobe dominated like no other tonight. Sitting here in my living room watching his brilliance as he overcame his lackluster performance from game 3 truly showed me why he's been so dominant for so long. His killer instinct and ability to focus in on the game is second to none that I can see, from his demeanor during shoot around, to the the player introductions you could sense his mindset totally and completely honed in on tonight's game. As an athlete myself I truly respect that most about him, his game and its artistry are amazing altogether, but for me its his mental approach and killer instinct that shows me why he's the best. Having watched close to all of his games for the past 10 seasons, I've come to know his game well. I've witnessed it's growth and maturity and how he's truly mastered the mental aspect of the game. This to me is where he ranks with Michael the most. Kobe now being 30 reminds me so much of Jordan in his last few years with Chicago to the point that its spooky. His reluctance to give an inch, his stare downs, to his walk all scream confidence, something that I must admit I've struggled mightily with over the years. As the game goes on you can feel his presence ever more as he wills his team to victory. From game winning shots, to plays of the extraordinary I find myself watching brilliance and true mastery. LeBron no doubt is amazing in his own right, but Kobe has this fluidity to his game that screams beauty, even to the point that it looks so easy to him.

All I can say tonight, is you can love or hate the man, but the game is beautiful, simple and true and something I'll never tire of watching.

later.

No comments: