Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Few Thoughts...

A couple things that have caught my attention lately,

- Why is Shaq so mad lately? Got a chance to see the Suns/Magic game last night and boy did the Diesel seem pissed. For the first few minutes, the jostling between he and Howard was getting so physical that at one point I was expecting a punch or two to be thrown. What gives? Seriously, and I highly doubt Howard would be the one to be throwing his size and mouth around, especially around his idol Shaquille. I do however, have an inkling as to why he's been on a tear of late with his game and his mouth, he's starting to see the end. I believe that after the All Star break, with his not being traded to a contender, Shaq saw his basketball mortality flashed before his eyes, he quickly realized that he's stuck on this crappy Suns team for the rest of this season and most likely next and that his likely chance at reaping a 5th title have quickly vanished. I believe his anger and his sudden resurgences is his way of showing the league (and Howard) that "hey fuck you all for not wanting me and disrespecting me, I'm still the man". Which in a way is true to a point, having Shaq in the playoffs for a contender greatly would increase any teams chances, I mean let's face it the man's a beast and you can't teach size, no matter how old. However, I do believe that the way the economy has changed, teams have become reluctant to take on salaries, especially one as big as the Shaquille's. Also I do believe whole heartedly that he wants to return to the Lakers for one last go with Kobe. I sincerely believe that he wants to amend things with his past as he's quickly realized how immature and greedy he'd become back in 04'. Yes, Kobe wanted to be the man, but in reality Dr. Buss was not interested in paying O'Neal 30 mil per for a player who plays 60 or so games a year, is not in great shape and on the decline. It's rather unfortunate the whole Laker saga, if you quickly think about it, had Shaq taken the salary he receives now (20 mil per) and relinquished the reigns to a growing and vastly improving Bryant, I swear that team could have won so many titles. But alas, that was then and this is now, maybe Shaq's current fate is karma that he's reaped upon himself. Who knows really, only time will tell.

- Is Dwight Howard the most overrated player in the league or what? The kid can play no doubt, but wow is he ever not a leader, all I see with him is David Robinson re-incarnate. Good kid, plays hard, gets his stats but has no killer or leadership instincts. I guarantee that he'll never lead the Magic to a title, Never! Unless he's lucky and receives a Duncanesque player one day, he'll go down as D. Robinson number 2 rather than Superman Jr. Shaq's a killer, Howard is not.

- Marc Cuban's rant last night was AWESOME!!! He finally gets it, his team sucks and should be totally dismantled. Yes TOTALLY. I say let Kidds contract run out, ship out Howard and Terry and whomever and go get a killer to compliment Dirk. Dirk is like Pau, great number 2 but needs a Kobe to win.

- Buyouts should not be allowed after this season. How San Antonio, Cleveland and Boston reap the awards of stupid owners and crummy teams is beyond me and unfair to all other contending teams. I say you signed him to that stupid deal, you live with that deal.

- Whoever's team has the best record at the end of the season should win the MVP, LBJ and Kobe have both been brilliant all season long, with the both of them performing and leading their clubs flawlessly. I would give it to Kobe right now seeing as his team went 12-1 in February sans Bynum.

that's good for now. later.

No comments: