Thursday, March 24, 2011

Untitled

Milla: hey there, are you okay?

Dan lying on the ground with blood smeared on his forehead

Dan: uhh what?

Milla: Are you okay? I saw you fall from that window. Your cut looks deep.

Dan: I don't remember falling, (touching his head). What happened?

Milla: You fell from there (pointing to the window above) about 10 minutes ago. I was walking from there when I saw you land. Were you pushed?

Dan: (now sitting up) I...uh don't remember. ugh, what's your name?

Milla: I'm Milla, Milla Slova. I live over there (now pointing down the street) What's your name? Do you want me to look at that?, it looks very painful.

Dan: No I'm okay, I think. Have you got a smoke? (touching his head again, bleeding has stopped)

Milla: No I don't smoke. Here let me help you up. (she bends down and grabs his arm, as she does she notices his tattoo on his right forearm, it's a picture of a ship) what's that?

Dan: (still slow to move he looks her in the eye then looks to his arm) I'm not sure, a ship I guess.

Milla: It's nice. Do you need to see a doctor or something? I can take you.

Dan: (still looking at his arm in a daze) Umm no I should be alright. thanks though.

Milla: what are you gonna do now?

Dan: I'm not sure, you said I fell from that window (pointing upwards to the second floor)

Milla: yeah you fell from there, luckily for you it's not that far, you could be dead.

Dan: I guess I'll go back up there and see what I was doing.

Milla: you mean you don't remember anything? what's your name?

Dan: I..uhh I can't remember

Milla: you better go see a doctor, I'm coming with you.

At the doctors office

Doctor: Sir it looks like you have a mild case of amnesia.

Dan: what?

Doctor: Have you been in an accident recently?

Milla: well he hit his head today, but you already knew that.

Doctor: Yes, but have you hit it before. Your x-rays show multiple head traumas.

Dan looking puzzled, Milla becoming worried

Dan: I don't think so. I can't remember.

Doctor: Well you should be fine now, your wound should heal nicely. Be careful and take this prescription.

Milla: What about his amnesia? Will it go away?

Doctor: Only time will tell. Go to the front desk and book another appointment for a month from now. take care.

Doctor leaves

Milla: We were told to book another appointment by the doctor

Receptionist: I'll need to see your ID sir.

Dan: reaches for his wallet but only pulls out a folded piece of paper, it's a picture of a ship, one he's drawn

He immediately looks to Milla, she looks to him puzzled. He's remembered a moment. He runs out of the office. Milla follows

No comments: