Friday, May 29, 2009

A Few thoughts...

Okay so I might have been wrong with my last post a bit, or at least a little pre-mature in dismissing my Lakers. Now I'm not saying that this crop of knuckleheads will win the Championship, but they at least look poised to fight. Last nights game was great, it was awesome to see the TEAM show up for a change. I felt with Kobe having to carry the burden game in and game out was seriously a dangerous tactic going deeper and deeper into the playoffs. For a change, having Gasol and Odom doing damage down low kept the defense of the Nuggets honest. I still believe this series is going to go 7, I doubt the desperate Lakers will show up tomorrow, so with this tactic, a 7th game seems most likely inevitable. Does this fair well now?, Yes. But come the finals, a match up with Cleveland wont be so favorable, not having home court advantage could prove dreadful against the LeBron juggernauts. So like most Lakers fans, I will be watching game 6 between Cleveland and Orlando very closely. A win for Orlando and LA gets home court in the finals and a very solid chance at the title. A Cleveland win almost certainly gives a LeBron vs Kobe finals, a match up I desire to see, but also fear. Cleveland will NOT lose a game 7 vs Orlando and a home court advantage against LA puts them in quite the driver seat.

Go Orlando Go!!!!

Oh and another point, I caught the last quarter of today's game and saw what has to be the worst offence ever. How predictable is Cleveland's offensive scheme? Really? Give the ball to Bron and watch him massage it at the top of the 3 point line as he either barrels his way to hoop for a foul or dishes it to one of his teammates as the opposing team tries to collapse on his drive attempt. Really? This makes him the most amazing player in the world? His game is so pedestrian and boring and predictable. I tend to view his game as a big bully beating up the other guys. I mean yes the guy has freaking talent and yes he is amazing, he can do almost anything, but come on what a boring team to watch. If I was one of his teammates I'd be bored and mad playing with him. There's a reason why he receives so many assists, the guy dominates the ball like a guard. Fuck if Kobe did that he'd average 9 assists just like LeBron. LeBron's very similar to Iverson in his play, it's either his way or no way, the man has been doing this same offensive scheme forever, since his high school days. It works no doubt, but it ain't fun to watch. Mo Williams may play the point, but he isn't their point guard, LeBron is. He dominates everything, as he should.

I guess my point here is, why does he never receive flak for doing it? Why does Kobe get chewed up for taking 28 shots to help his team win, while LeBron does the exact same, more to some extent and not receive any criticism. I don't get it!!!

LeBron better than Kobe? Fuck that shit.

No comments: